The Logic is now accepting applications for a business operations coordinator to join its growing team.
We are an independent, made-in-Canada digital-media company founded in 2018 with the belief that Canadians will pay for great journalism. Combining exclusive news, in-depth reporting, insightful analysis and smart curation, we confront the critical questions that shape this country’s economic future. We are headquartered in Toronto, with bureaus in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax.
We’re looking for a creative self-starter to support The Logic’s executive and business teams across operations, sales and partnership initiatives. This is a key role at the centre of a growing company, reporting directly to senior leadership. As an early member of the business team, you will experience incredible opportunities for growth as The Logic continues to scale.
This is a full-time, Toronto-based hybrid position reporting to the chief operating officer that includes a competitive salary, participation in a bonus program, equity options, paid vacation and a comprehensive benefits plan including parental-leave top-up, dental, HSA and more. The start date is early September.
The deadline to apply is Monday, August 15 at 5 p.m. ET. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply early!
Not sure if you’re qualified? Please apply anyway. We’re hiring people, not resumes, and we are committed to building an inclusive environment. If you have questions, please contact [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.
What you’ll do:
- Support the executive and business teams on operations and business-development initiatives
- Assist with the management of daily operational activities of the company
- Assist with deliverables (insertion orders, engagement reports, etc.) for The Logic’s partnerships, including sponsorships, events and corporate subscriptions, ensuring service levels and expectations are met
- Support customer-service needs to keep our subscribers engaged
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities
- Provide administrative support to senior leadership, including scheduling meetings, conferences and travel arrangements
Who you are:
- You’re an exceptionally organized self-starter with a combination of experience in operations, communications, sales and media
- You exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in carrying out your responsibilities
- You’re focused with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- You can juggle multiple projects at once and work effectively in stressful situations
- You have excellent customer service and communication skills
- You take initiative in problem-solving; independently handling sensitive situations using tact and diplomacy
- You have a passion for journalism and the drive to be part of a growing startup
Benefits of working at The Logic:
- Competitive compensation package with generous paid time off, equity and bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits plan including parental-leave top-up, dental, HSA and more
- Professional development opportunities
- Hybrid work environment, based out of The Logic’s beautiful office in Toronto’s Dupont by the Castle neighbourhood
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us how your experience and skills will contribute to The Logic’s business team
The Logic is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]. Accommodations may include but are not limited to alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect,” or modified interview process. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required.