Thank you for all your applications! This posting is now closed. We will be following up with all applicants shortly.
The Logic is hiring a Head of Sales to join a team that’s seeking to reshape the Canadian journalism ecosystem.
The Logic is a made-in-Canada digital media publication that unites Canadians who care about our country’s future. Subscription-driven, The Logic combines deep reporting, insightful commentary, smart curation and live events to tackle the most critical questions facing Canada’s economic future.
We launched one year ago. Since then, our staff has doubled. We’ve published scores of exclusive stories, won major journalism awards, launched a bureau in Ottawa and shown that in-depth journalism is worth paying for (or rather, our wonderful subscribers have).
The successful candidate will be an experienced sales leader with a track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets. The candidate should also be deeply familiar with The Logic’s history and editorial vision.
If you are not sure whether you are qualified for this position, apply anyway. Age and background should be no barrier—we’re committed to building an inclusive environment.
What you’ll do
- Design corporate sales operations for a rapidly growing startup, including processes for customer segmentation, lead generation and lead qualification
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to expedite processes for converting individual subscriptions into group corporate subscriptions
- Manage current client relationships and establish and nurture new C-suite level relationships
- Meet aggressive sales and revenue-generation objectives
- Maintain high level of corporate customer satisfaction to make The Logic 100 per cent referenceable
- Think two steps ahead to spot trends and advise on how to take advantage of them
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales role, preferably with small, entrepreneurial organizations
- Passion for the editorial vision of The Logic and the drive to lead a key section of a growing startup
- Team player who doesn’t adhere to strict organizational hierarchy (i.e. mucks in when needed)
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to solve complex and variegated problems
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communications skills
Please email the following to [email protected] in a single attachment with the subject line “Head of Sales.” Applications are due by Wednesday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m. ET:
- A cover letter
- Your resume
This is a full-time position based in Toronto. Compensation is competitive.
Start Date: Summer 2019