The Logic is looking for summer interns to help build an organization seeking to reshape the Canadian journalism ecosystem.
The Logic is a made-in-Canada digital media publication that unites Canadians who care about our country’s future. Subscription-driven, The Logic combines deep reporting, insightful commentary, smart curation and live events to tackle the critical questions that will shape Canada’s economic future.
We are looking for Toronto-based editorial interns interested in writing, copy-editing, data analysis and marketing. To be eligible, you need to be returning to school in the fall.
If you are not sure if you are qualified for this position, apply anyway. Experience, age and background should be no barrier—we’re committed to building an inclusive environment.
- Assisting staff with copy editing, layout and distribution of Daily Briefing
- Pitching, developing and reporting original content
- Assisting Data Reporter with access-to-information requests
- Assisting Subscriber Success Manager with maintenance of subscriber lists, email marketing campaigns and social media
- Assisting Copy Editor with research and fact-checking for stories
- Assisting with the organization and planning of subscriber logistics, such as data analysis, payment systems, subscriber events and other administrative duties
Please email the following to [email protected] by Friday March 29:
- A 100-word statement outlining what you would bring to The Logic
- Your resume
- Three examples of your work, with links
The subject line of your email should be “Summer 2019 Internship Application”
This is a full-time paid internship beginning in May 2019 and ending in August 2019.