Quebec’s public pension manager now owns 80.9 per cent of the shares in Trencap, the sole owner of Quebec’s only natural gas-distribution company. The Fonds de solidarité FTQ, the investment arm of Quebec’s largest labour federation, owns the remaining 19.1 per cent of the company. (The Logic)
In-depth, agenda-setting reporting
Great journalism delivered straight to your inbox.
How machine learning is transforming biotech research
Crush of cargo containers sends West Coast ports to bottom of global rankings
China’s Tencent pulled out of financing ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ over pro-U.S. messaging
CPP Investments launches growth equity group
Best business newsletter in Canada
Get up to speed in minutes with insights and analysis on the most important stories of the day, every weekday.
See the bigger picture with reporters and industry experts in subscriber-exclusive events.
Membership in The Logic Council
Membership provides access to our popular Slack channel, participation in subscriber surveys and invitations to exclusive events with our journalists and special guests.